Friday, March 4, 2011

Repost: Forgiveness...

Good Morning people of God, (This was posted previously and I accidentally deleted it)

Todays post is about forgiveness. Forgiveness is not always an easy task. It is something that many of us deal with on a daily basis. In many instances its a situation from the past. The past can cause alot of us to deal with current situations differently that we deal with in the present. Remember cause and effect?

Now I personally have had alot of people hurt me in the past. I remember someone telling me," Well you are too nice and people take advantage of that." So I'm asking do people hurt us because of the type of people we are? Therefore, do we need to change who we are? So I started thinking why do I need to change when I'm not the one doing the hurt. So I decided to guard myself, which alot of us do. But why should we have to live our lives locked up in a bubble? When God grants us new mercy everyday. So because of this, I began to think more like; Jesus went through alot of hurt but he still forgave all. Even when people spat on him. Now I consider that a high offence. It would be hard to turn the cheek after someone spits on you. (Knowing that toothbrushes, mouthwash, and floss, were not invented back then, can you just imagine all of the germs they put on JESUS now some people will say Candice is silly because the germs we have today were not happening back then. But you can not tell me something wasn't going on back then...lol) But these people went further than that and crucified our Savior and He never said a mumbling word. Now thats powerful!!!!!

So I have come to the conclusion that; NO!!! we do not have to change from being good people. I no longer guard myself but I'm not letting people take advantage of my kindness. I've learned Jesus wasn't a punk and we have the same blood, therefore neither am I. People have to watch what they say to me nowadays because the answer will not always be YES but you will hear a NO. If I don't want to do it then I'm not. Also, if I want to say something I will say it in an appropriate way.Matthew 6:14-15 says, "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." It isn't fair for us to ask God for forgiveness when we can't forgive others. If God can forgive and continue to forgive from all the way back then to now (thats alot of hurt) we can forgive today no matter what the hurt is/was. Yes we are hurt but once we forgive, the healing can begin. Remember Jesus went through alot of hurt because it was something that He HAD to do because He loves us soooooooooo much. Therefore people hurt us because its something we have to go through. Its not because of us but because of who we represent. Forgive and thank God for the trial to help make you a better you.


Let us decide today to forgive those who have hurt us, even if it is ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment