Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reflection 2

Morning fellow readers.

Yesterday I discovered some things about myself that I need to work on. I always tell myself to accept people for who they are. If you know that person and how they will react in certain situations, then you will know how to deal with them. You will basically know what to expect and therefore how to react. I didn't follow my own rule yesterday. Usually I am the person who is normally quiet. But yesterday I found myself getting upset over something that I couldn't control. People have their own opinions about certain situations and thats their right, whether I know or even feel differently. But if I know something to be right should I just keep it to myself? Which leads me to another one of my rules. I normally stay out of people business unless they ask of me. I usually ask a series of questions to help them make their own decision. I don't tell people what they should do (learned that from the hubby...lol) but better yet I make suggestions. I figured out I can't make decisions for other people lives, because what seems right to me doesn't necessarily mean that its right for the next. I've also noticed that I get defensive when I feel like something isn't going my way. For instance, if I am passionate about something or its something that I know for sure I am right about I don't like to be dismissed, ignored, or belittled. I believe I have a problem with this because now I am beginning to speak up for myself. As I stated in a previos blog, Jesus wasn't a punk so I shouldn't be either. Shouldn't I defend myself?

I think I will stick to my rules which are:
1.     Staying out of people business unless they ask of me and help them make their own decision.
2.     Accept people for who they are. I have found this rule to be stress free. People are intitled to their own opinions whether I agree or disagree. When I find myself getting upset agree to disagree. For the bible says in Matthew 5:25, "Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison." Be apologetic, whether I am wrong or right. I must always take the high road and be the bigger person.
3.    If I am having a discussion with someone and I know something to be true and I tell them, if they don't want to listen; I have to leave them alone before it turns unto something that I don't want. They will eventually discover the truth on their own.
4.   I will continue to take up for myself. I'm not going to let people just walk over me. I must say what I need to say in an appropriate manner.

I'm not there yet but I will get there with God's help. Psalms 51:10 says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

Have a Blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment